Burpees come in all different flavors. Some with weights. Some with a push-up. Some with jazz hands...What kind of burpee are you pushing for? Whatever you add in or try to tackle be sure your form is perfect.
1. Drop to a lower squat position.Jessica Alba's Post-Baby Workout involves lots of burpees (not the baby kind!)
2. Kick your legs out, extend your arms, and do a pushup.
3. Tuck in your legs as you rise from the pushup and get into a lower squat position.
4. From that squat position you're in now, jump as high as possible.
5. Come down into a lower squat position.
Repeat as needed or until you can do no more :)
She quotes that it is her least favorite workout...but they get the job done. True. True.
Jessica's burpee workout is squatting down, doing a push up and then clapping her hands above her head.
Burpees are not glamorous but you get results. You can do them on vacation or on a hotel room where you may not have a lot of time or equipment to fit in a workout. Burpees get your heart rate up using your own body weight and involves every muscle in your body. They can be done as a warm-up, as part of circuit training, or by themselves. Best of all - great results in very little time. So don't hate the burpee - it's the king of training and essential to getting your body fit.